Welcome To Archer & Angler

Welcome to Archer & Angler. As you can see we have a growing community that shares your passion for the outdoors.
For your convenience Archer & Angler has some great tools for all your outdoor needs; Moon Phase Calculator, Fish Weight Calculator, Arrow Kinetic Energy Calculator, Topographic Maps, Fish ON-Line and so much more. Just use the navbar below to see them!
Only registered members can upload pics to our amazing photo galleries, post questions, contact other members, and so much more. Registration is quick, easy and absolutely free so why don't you join us today! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    moosemeat's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Harlen takes the gold

first tornament of the year at york county bowmans,my little guy took home the gold,great day with friends,Rob(dsbb),Ron(redneckhillbilly)Robs daughter and my little guy.Roberts daughter took the gol in her class.next tornament maddawasca at flying feathers club may 11th,more info to follow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Harlen takes the gold-york-county-076-jpg   Harlen takes the gold-york-county-075-jpg   Harlen takes the gold-york-county-080-jpg   Harlen takes the gold-york-county-079-jpg   Harlen takes the gold-york-county-081-jpg  

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Wow that is fantastic. Good job Harlen and Robs daughter.
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Things to do on ArcherandAngler.com
    1) Introduce yourself to other A&A users.
    2) Upload some pictures to our gallery.
    3) Read some Reviews and add some of your own.
    4) Check out our Featured A&A Member Bios.
    5) Check our Announcements for the latest news.

**Want to be Featured in an A&A Bio?**

DssBB's Avatar Senior Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Robert
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Doug forgot to mention that Harlen is quite the sharp shooter, especially when $5.00 is up for grabs. We had about 33 targets done and Harlen was completely exhausted from a full days of hiking the hills and killing foam. Doug and I weren't sure if he had much energy left in him and we were up against a double target shot. Doug, myself and my daughter Kaitlyn all had our arrows in the two animals and it was up to Harlen to finish off the two shots. Harlen faced the bedded goat first and manged an 8 at about 10-12 yds. I had an arrow in the X on the next target which was a deer and I told Harlen all he had to do was hit my arrow to be in the X and if he could do it I would also give him a $5.00 bill.
    Needless to say, I was $5.00 poorer after his shot and not only did Harlen shoot another X, he also had a crisp $5.00 bill in his hands to buy some much needed ice cream. From that point on, Harlen was on his way to turning pro. For each of the remaining 5 targets he needed to borrow his Dad's bino's and glass the target to pick his shot before he would put one in the foam. Way to go "X Killer".
    It was a real treat to watch both of our kids shoot exceptionally well and tough it out on a very hilly and challenging course. Having both our kids walk away with first place medals and seeing the smiles on their faces knowing what they had accomplished is what makes 3D archery so enjoyable.

Thanks again Doug and Harlen for a wonderful day of company and shooting. Kaitlyn and I are both looking forward to shooting with both of you much more this season.

Robert
    Last edited by DssBB; 05-07-2013 at 09:24 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    That is a great story and an absolute pleasure to read. There is nothing better than sharing these types of activities with your kids and it is just icing on the cake to have them do it well enough to win and be recognized. You guys must be very proud.
    Archer & Angler

moosemeat's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Rob ended up in 5th place and 2 were d.q so that would make him third,as for me,will lets just say all my shoots were kill shots even the one in the big tree.there were about 150 archers that took part in various divisions.redneckhillbilly wasnt able to shot with or group but had a awesome time and now he has the bug!

DssBB's Avatar Senior Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Robert
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Although I did take 5th place in open, the top two shooters in the open class were also on Canada's national field and fita teams. Trying to complete and win against that level of international shooting is an impossible task. Being able to shoot a 400 over 40 targets and for my first shoot of the year was good enough for me. The two gentlemen who were dq'd had shot from the wrong stakes and were in the Master60 class.

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by DssBB View Post
    The two gentlemen who were dq'd had shot from the wrong stakes and were in the Master60 class.
    Whoops.
    Archer & Angler