Welcome To Archer & Angler

Welcome to Archer & Angler. As you can see we have a growing community that shares your passion for the outdoors.
For your convenience Archer & Angler has some great tools for all your outdoor needs; Moon Phase Calculator, Fish Weight Calculator, Arrow Kinetic Energy Calculator, Topographic Maps, Fish ON-Line and so much more. Just use the navbar below to see them!
Only registered members can upload pics to our amazing photo galleries, post questions, contact other members, and so much more. Registration is quick, easy and absolutely free so why don't you join us today! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
    DEERHUNTER's Avatar New Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    david
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Deals on shotguns

Remington has put together a compo pkg.with their 870 express chambered in 3 in. or in super mag 3 1/2. This shot gun comes with a synthetic stock. You get three barrels. 1st. is a 28in.vr barrel modified choke . 2nd is a turkey barrel. 3rd is a deer shotgun barrel with cantilever mount. This package is on sale at LaBaron Outdoor Product for $535.00. If you were to buy this separately it would cost you approx. $1200.00. I think this is a great deal!

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Wow that is a great deal! Do you have a pic of that beast so we can take a look or a link?

Deals on shotguns

Seller's Items

DEERHUNTER's Avatar New Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    david
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    sorry no pic at this time

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    No problem. I found one.
    Deals on shotguns-rem_870expresstrio_web-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Deals on shotguns-rem_870expresstrio_web-jpg  

Deals on shotguns

Seller's Items

Regular Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Daniel
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    The Remington 870 is a nice shotgun, very dependable and stands up to a fair amount of abuse. Personally I like the the Browning BPS, that what I shoot solid gun and light compared to the 870.

But for that price if i didn't have my Browning i would be picking up that 870.

moosemeat's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    mossberge also has the same type of package in the same price range.my daughter bought the 870 package for my son in law for his birthday and i bought the mossberge package last year.i have 2 870 wingmasters from the 60's that are still fine shooters and a 1969 browning auto loader made in belgium.last year i decided to retire the old girls and buy new ones with all the changes in shot etc

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Our Canadian Tire here is now selling guns again and they have many Mossberge's on display. Very nice shotguns and very reasonable prices.
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Things to do on ArcherandAngler.com
    1) Introduce yourself to other A&A users.
    2) Upload some pictures to our gallery.
    3) Read some Reviews and add some of your own.
    4) Check out our Featured A&A Member Bios.
    5) Check our Announcements for the latest news.

**Want to be Featured in an A&A Bio?**
    Deals on shotguns

Seller's Items

moosemeat's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    it is remarkable how gun prices have gone down.and used prices even more

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
    it is remarkable how gun prices have gone down.and used prices even more
    Maybe that was the ONLY good thing about the registry.
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Things to do on ArcherandAngler.com
    1) Introduce yourself to other A&A users.
    2) Upload some pictures to our gallery.
    3) Read some Reviews and add some of your own.
    4) Check out our Featured A&A Member Bios.
    5) Check our Announcements for the latest news.

**Want to be Featured in an A&A Bio?**
    Deals on shotguns

Seller's Items

Sammo_3888's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Sam
    Blog Entries
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman View Post
    Our Canadian Tire here is now selling guns again and they have many Mossberge's on display. Very nice shotguns and very reasonable prices.
    I ended up buying this 870 trio combo that LeBaron sells.. excellent deal and service. I handled many over the months and will give my impressions below.. not a full review, so no need to move it Cory.

I've used Moss's and Brownings in the past, but it had been years since I shopped for a new Shotty and I wanted to see what was out there. I don't have much need for an autoloader and very much like pump action shotty's so out I went.

Mossberg 500 and 535 - very light gun. from what I understand it has an aluminum reciever. Should weigh in around 5.5 lbs. the 535 will take the 3.5" shells if that's your game. With apologies to Moss owners, I really didn't like it one bit. It felt cheapish and loose. I'm sure its a fine gun, but didn't feel right to me. Also heard it kicks like a mule, most likely related to the light weight.

Benelli Nova and SuperNova - Sexy, sexy girls. I really like the way these felt. Solid and heavy, well constructed. Both shoot the 3.5" shells. They have a polymer coated steel receiver to keep the maintenance down. Beautiful safety and slide release positions too. From what I remember, the main difference between the Nova and SuperNova were the stock. The Nova's is a single piece reciever&stock while the SuperNova's stock could be swapped out with accessory stocks if you choose to add pistol grips etc. Let me repeat, I loved they way they felt, but they were pricey. In Canada, Bass pro wanted $500 for the Nova and just around $700 for the SuperNova. The price of that, plus the slightly more expensive barrels and accessories swayed me away from buying this one.

Remington m887 - A newer weapon first hit the market in 2009, fully coated in polymer. Had some mixed reviews on early models. They'd sometimes have a problem ejecting 3.5" shells and Remington send out replacement parts. Newer models don't have this problem, and with a thorough cleaning seem to run without probs. I liked this gun a lot. I like the lower maintenance from the polymer coating. I really wanted to buy this one, but it didn't quite have the options that the 870 had. Based on the weather I've faced with the 870 this year, sometimes I wonder about the intelligence of this decision. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this one if its on your radar.

Rem 870 - Enough digital ink has been spilled on this gun to know its history. Its ease of use, excellent build quality and bjillions of options speak for itself.. never mind the 10's of millions of units sold. If you choose, you can get this in a 3.5" version as well. Nice and heavy at 7.5 lbs it soaks up a bunch of the kick. The 3 barrels that come with are beautiful and high quality, plus Remington is giving a $30 mail in rebate. It felt good, the action was great, felt solid. Very happy with my choice.

Sammo

If anyone has a longer history with any of these guys let us know.