Welcome To Archer & Angler

Welcome to Archer & Angler. As you can see we have a growing community that shares your passion for the outdoors.
For your convenience Archer & Angler has some great tools for all your outdoor needs; Moon Phase Calculator, Fish Weight Calculator, Arrow Kinetic Energy Calculator, Topographic Maps, Fish ON-Line and so much more. Just use the navbar below to see them!
Only registered members can upload pics to our amazing photo galleries, post questions, contact other members, and so much more. Registration is quick, easy and absolutely free so why don't you join us today! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing boat.

Regular Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Daniel
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Fishing boat.

Just wondering what's everybody out there is using as a fishing boat. I just up-graded my rig last weekend. I came from and older 16footer aluminum shallow and narrow with and 1980's Mercury 20Hp. It was a good boat old but reliable just make sure you have something to bail the water out.

Now my primary boat is a 1999 Four Winns horizon 180 fish and ski. Boat is solid and big!! Has a 130Hp on the back of it and holds the water good. Built in livewell and fish-finder. Took my father out fishing yesterday and landed 6 pikes.

Anyways iv added a few pictures.
    Thanks for taking a look.

Fishing boat.-kgrhqf-lce-ks0k0v9bpwonqbecq-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqjhjd-lne4wtkbpwontmn-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqrhjeee-nrq-i6tbpwon0yitg-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqz-iqe-yl6njqsbpwopwdgj-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqzhjdqe-nw-fjy-bpwon4npzw-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqzhjeke-jsykcqpbpwoqh1p1q-48_20-jpg

DEERHUNTER's Avatar New Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    david
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Very nice boat but a bit too big for the lakes I fish. My outfit is a 14ft. wide deep lund with a 20 horse 4 stroke mercury. I also have a 45lb. thrust electric motor. My fish finder is a 570 hummingbird with a colored monitor, it has a GPS which I find useful for marking good walleye spots. May 19th was opening for pickerl in my area . Myself and my stepson fished Centennial Lake which near Griffth Ontario, not sure if your familiar with this area. In the two days of fishing we got and released 40 walleye. We were able to keep one it weighed 41/2 lbs. which unfortunately I cannot claim and I still hear about it (LOL) This lake has a slot size of 19 5/8 anything over you may keep. I am heading up there again this weekend. Hope to have some pics of the big one , if not at least I will post some of the lake. (LOL) Here are a couple of pics of my boat. thanks as well for taking a lookFishing boat.-dscf1852-jpgFishing boat.-dscf1854-jpgFishing boat.-dscf1855-jpg
    Last edited by DEERHUNTER; 06-05-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Regular Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Daniel
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Nice rig, i like the smaller boats, but the wife disliked my old 15ft boat. So a larger boat was bought, i already see that i will have some issues fishing my old fishing hole. Oh well ..

Wyatt's Avatar Regular Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Very nice rigs Gentlemen, envious of you both.

I have done a lot of fishing off of boats over the years, Lake Huron and Lake Erie mainly... my Father always had a boat of some kind.

Myself, I have never made the investment, and with the new house we just purchased, storage space is scarce, I would have to rent storage.

But... regardless I will purchase one in the next couple of years.
    I like the looks of the Jon Boats available in the Bass Pro Shop Catalog.
    Any thoughts on these rigs, I would be using it for smaller inland lakes.
    Fishing boat.-pw1455t-jpgA 14' aluminum Deep-V would be OK, but these Jon boats allow access to very shallow waters.
    Any input/feedback is appreciated.

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gustave_homme View Post
    Just wondering what's everybody out there is using as a fishing boat. I just up-graded my rig last weekend. I came from and older 16footer aluminum shallow and narrow with and 1980's Mercury 20Hp. It was a good boat old but reliable just make sure you have something to bail the water out.

Now my primary boat is a 1999 Four Winns horizon 180 fish and ski. Boat is solid and big!! Has a 130Hp on the back of it and holds the water good. Built in livewell and fish-finder. Took my father out fishing yesterday and landed 6 pikes.

Anyways iv added a few pictures.
    Thanks for taking a look.

Fishing boat.-kgrhqf-lce-ks0k0v9bpwonqbecq-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqjhjd-lne4wtkbpwontmn-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqrhjeee-nrq-i6tbpwon0yitg-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqz-iqe-yl6njqsbpwopwdgj-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqzhjdqe-nw-fjy-bpwon4npzw-48_20-jpgFishing boat.-kgrhqzhjeke-jsykcqpbpwoqh1p1q-48_20-jpg
    That is a beauty Gus! I am very envious. I am also surprised, I did not know Four Winns produced a boat for fishing and with a live well. You will have lots of fun in that baby.

Quote Originally Posted by DEERHUNTER View Post
    Very nice boat but a bit too big for the lakes I fish. My outfit is a 14ft. wide deep lund with a 20 horse 4 stroke mercury. I also have a 45lb. thrust electric motor. My fish finder is a 570 hummingbird with a colored monitor, it has a GPS which I find useful for marking good walleye spots. May 19th was opening for pickerl in my area . Myself and my stepson fished Centennial Lake which near Griffth Ontario, not sure if your familiar with this area. In the two days of fishing we got and released 40 walleye. We were able to keep one it weighed 41/2 lbs. which unfortunately I cannot claim and I still hear about it (LOL) This lake has a slot size of 19 5/8 anything over you may keep. I am heading up there again this weekend. Hope to have some pics of the big one , if not at least I will post some of the lake. (LOL) Here are a couple of pics of my boat. thanks as well for taking a lookFishing boat.-dscf1852-jpgFishing boat.-dscf1854-jpgFishing boat.-dscf1855-jpg
    Very nice rig. Sounds to me like you better keep that stepson in your boat. He sure sounds like he knows how to catch'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post

I have done a lot of fishing off of boats over the years, Lake Huron and Lake Erie mainly... my Father always had a boat of some kind.

Myself, I have never made the investment, and with the new house we just purchased, storage space is scarce, I would have to rent storage.

Fishing boat.-pw1455t-jpgA 14' aluminum Deep-V would be OK, but these Jon boats allow access to very shallow waters.
    Fishing Lake Erie sure requires a good rig with the wind and the waves out there. Perch fishing is fun there. I bet you used the famous erie dearie for walleye.

The Jon boat is perfect for small shallow lakes and the maneuverability and stability is exceptional. The only con, in my opinion as I do not own one, is it is not the most comfortable for those long days out on the water. Overall with the right seats I don't think you will be disappointed.
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Things to do on ArcherandAngler.com
    1) Introduce yourself to other A&A users.
    2) Upload some pictures to our gallery.
    3) Read some Reviews and add some of your own.
    4) Check out our Featured A&A Member Bios.
    5) Check our Announcements for the latest news.

**Want to be Featured in an A&A Bio?**
    Fishing boat.

Seller's Items

Regular Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Daniel
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post

I havent hear or seen to many up in my neck of the woods. I would love to have one for fishing some of the smaller ponds that are only accessible by small creeks. Only thing i heard and not sure if it's true is that they are hard to handle when the weather turns for the worse on the water. Again not sure how true that is, havent seen one on any of the waters up here.

Regular Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Daniel
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Had the boat out last weekend and it was a smooth ride, that is until I cough a submerged water logged log. Took the boat to the repair shop this morning, looks like it's going to be 60$ to repair the prop and minimum 100$ for the skeg. Totally forgot to take pictures of the damage, could have been worse I guess...

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Ouch!!!! Gus.
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Things to do on ArcherandAngler.com
    1) Introduce yourself to other A&A users.
    2) Upload some pictures to our gallery.
    3) Read some Reviews and add some of your own.
    4) Check out our Featured A&A Member Bios.
    5) Check our Announcements for the latest news.

**Want to be Featured in an A&A Bio?**
    Fishing boat.

Seller's Items

Regular Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Daniel
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Yep expensive hobby, just got the call from the repair shop and the damage is 226$. I have not seen how the repair looks like, but from what ppl have told me this guys does great work.

Also bought a new prop still waiting on the interchangeable hub to come in the damage there is 200$.... Let's hope I don't get to many repeats this year.