Welcome To Archer & Angler

Welcome to Archer & Angler. As you can see we have a growing community that shares your passion for the outdoors.
For your convenience Archer & Angler has some great tools for all your outdoor needs; Moon Phase Calculator, Fish Weight Calculator, Arrow Kinetic Energy Calculator, Topographic Maps, Fish ON-Line and so much more. Just use the navbar below to see them!
Only registered members can upload pics to our amazing photo galleries, post questions, contact other members, and so much more. Registration is quick, easy and absolutely free so why don't you join us today! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    DEERHUNTER's Avatar New Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    david
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)

From elite archery

For all the Canadian Bow Hunters out there looking at a new bow, take a look at the Elite Archery site. This is a Canadian company that makes quality hunting bows. I have shot their Elite 500 for the past three years. The speed of this bow is 330 fps. and handles well in the bush. Before you buy a new bow take a look at the Elite Archery, I am sure you won't be disappointed. I have attached a picture of the one that I own.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails From elite archery-dscf1843-jpg  

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    That is a nice bow, of course I have seen it first hand.
    The 330 fps, what type of arrow is used to get that speed?
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Things to do on ArcherandAngler.com
    1) Introduce yourself to other A&A users.
    2) Upload some pictures to our gallery.
    3) Read some Reviews and add some of your own.
    4) Check out our Featured A&A Member Bios.
    5) Check our Announcements for the latest news.

**Want to be Featured in an A&A Bio?**
    From elite archery

Seller's Items

DEERHUNTER's Avatar New Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    david
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    The arrows I use are BEAMAN MFX MICRO DIAMETER. With this I use a rage mechanical broad head with a 2in. cut.

moosemeat's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    elite is a super bow smooth and fast but deerhunter they are made in the u.s.a .the only canadian compound company is the A.P.A .nun the less elite is a very good bow and i think is one of the best bow manufacters out there. and that is a very sweet bow you got there!

DssBB's Avatar Senior Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Robert
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Elite is not a Canadian company although it does have a great history to it.
    As far I understand the whole story, Kevin Strother was employed as a designer for Bowtech. He left Bowtech and went to work as a designer or was a partner for Elite when J2 Engineering owned it. J2 sold the business to Elite Outdoors LLC (aka Pete Crawford a couple of his co-workers from G5 outdoors). Kevin was then hired as a consultant or designer for Elite Archery(Elite Outdoors) and IMO designed some of the nicest bows and cams on the market.
    Kevin then parted ways with Elite and was hired as a designer or had some messed arrangement for Strother Archery (not sure why he would allow his name to be used on a company when he was only a consultant or designer). Again, he took a new company to the top with some awesome bow designs. Somehow, the s**t hit the fan and he was pushed out the door. From there Kevin and his wife Kate (ex Martin Bow hottie) started up K&K archery and although his first couple bows he designed and built were typical Strother designs (nice risers, fast, smooth drawing), he did have a few minor issues and his business sense and practice overwhelmed him and within a year, his company was bankrupt and a lot of dedicated followers were screwed over. Kevin had also faced nothing but lawsuits from the time he left Bowtech. His lack of business sense or trying to do it all himself put him and is reputation in the dumpster. His 2012 un-released cam designs and risers were given or sold to Dennis of Obsession Archery due to pending lawsuits should he release them under K&K.
    The sad part of the whole story is Kevin Strother is or was IMO one of the best bow designers on the market and due to his own stupidity or lack of business sense or whatever, put himself and his reputation on a fast track to disaster.

Yes, I am still a Kevin Strother fan boy and luv's me Elites.
    Last edited by DssBB; 11-02-2012 at 08:37 PM.

rdneckhillbilly's Avatar New Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
    elite is a super bow smooth and fast but deerhunter they are made in the u.s.a .the only canadian compound company is the A.P.A .nun the less elite is a very good bow and i think is one of the best bow manufacters out there. and that is a very sweet bow you got there!
    Absolutely correct Doug! Elite is not Canadian and the only Canadian bow manufacturer right now is APA Innovations. There was a company a few years back called Champion but they were sued of patent infringements by Parker I beleive (do not quote me on that one). I had a Champion bow and they were a sweet bow.

Quote Originally Posted by DssBB View Post
    Elite is not a Canadian company although it does have a great history to it.
    As far I understand the whole story, Kevin Strother was employed as a designer for Bowtech. He left Bowtech and went to work as a designer or was a partner for Elite when J2 Engineering owned it. J2 sold the business to Elite Outdoors LLC (aka Pete Crawford a couple of his co-workers from G5 outdoors). Kevin was then hired as a consultant or designer for Elite Archery(Elite Outdoors) and IMO designed some of the nicest bows and cams on the market.
    Kevin then parted ways with Elite and was hired as a designer or had some messed arrangement for Strother Archery (not sure why he would allow his name to be used on a company when he was only a consultant or designer). Again, he took a new company to the top with some awesome bow designs. Somehow, the s**t hit the fan and he was pushed out the door. From there Kevin and his wife Kate (ex Martin Bow hottie) started up K&K archery and although his first couple bows he designed and built were typical Strother designs (nice risers, fast, smooth drawing), he did have a few minor issues and his business sense and practice overwhelmed him and within a year, his company was bankrupt and a lot of dedicated followers were screwed over. Kevin had also faced nothing but lawsuits from the time he left Bowtech. His lack of business sense or trying to do it all himself put him and is reputation in the dumpster. His 2012 un-released cam designs and risers were given or sold to Dennis of Obsession Archery due to pending lawsuits should he release them under K&K.
    The sad part of the whole story is Kevin Strother is or was IMO one of the best bow designers on the market and due to his own stupidity or lack of business sense or whatever, put himself and his reputation on a fast track to disaster.

Yes, I am still a Kevin Strother fan boy and luv's me Elites.
    Great history lesson Robert. (link to good archery history website...http://www.archeryhistory.com/index.php) You obviously know you stuff when it comes to Kevin Strothers. Kevin is a great designer but sounds like his own worst enemy. A bow company needs to harness him and put him to work. He is too smart not to be designing bows.
    I knew Kate was an ex Martin calendar girl but is it true she is actually the daughter of the owner of Martin?
    She's also had her share of good and bad business decisions. Seems like I am always reading something about her suing or being sued as well. http://www.cdapress.com/records/publ...5c75a690f.html

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Cory
    Blog Entries
    My Listings
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Interesting stuff fellas. This is all news to me. Great reads.
    Archer & Angler
    Shoot Problems - Tackle Questions - Reel Answers

Things to do on ArcherandAngler.com
    1) Introduce yourself to other A&A users.
    2) Upload some pictures to our gallery.
    3) Read some Reviews and add some of your own.
    4) Check out our Featured A&A Member Bios.
    5) Check our Announcements for the latest news.

**Want to be Featured in an A&A Bio?**
    From elite archery

Seller's Items

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Robert
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    redneck,

Champion bows I believe were bought or taken over years ago by Darton.

I do believe or remember reading that Kate Strother was either the daughter or step daughter of the owner of Martin bows. She too as well has had her share of law suits it appears.
    Unfortunately, law suits seem to follow the Strothers around and I'm guessing that due the lawsuits or threats of suits, limited avenues to work within when designing new bows, cams ,etc without the threat of being sued or having to pay royalties and Kevin and Kate's own lack of business abilities all contributed to his downfall.
    At least his world records of the longest shot arrow of over 1320 yds and speed record of 588 fps still stand.

moosemeat's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    his venture into there own bows were short lived,k&k which i still own.they had cam issues and were a bitch to tune.he did come out with replacements but was caught up in infringement issues.hundreds of customers lost money when he went bank rupped.he forwared all his designs for cams and bows to obsession archery(they were able to use the designs but not kevin.today he works with them on there bows(his).with all the bugs worked out the obsession bows are a great bow and obsession owners are top of the line in customer service which is something the strothers never had.but the guy is a genius.bow teck,strothers,elite,obsession.all have his hands all over them..would i buy a obsession bow ,yep!

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Robert
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Since you still have your K&K and they are nice shooting bows, you should be able to order a set of Obsession Lethal Force or Addiction cams and upgrade it. The string and cables may need some tweaking but it would be a good winter project. The Obsession cams may or may not give you any speed increase, but the draw would a little smoother. Then again....the K&K bows were smooth drawing bows.
    With him not being able to release his cam design without legal issues (Rex Darlington ((Darton)) I think stirred up that one) put the final nail in the coffin at K&K. He did screw a bunch of people including his loyal followers for money and it's a shame it happened but like you said....would I buy an obsession bow with his hands all over them....YEP and YEP!!!

This website uses cookies
We use cookies to store session information to facilitate remembering your login information, to allow you to save website preferences, to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.