Welcome To Archer & Angler

Welcome to Archer & Angler. As you can see we have a growing community that shares your passion for the outdoors.
For your convenience Archer & Angler has some great tools for all your outdoor needs; Moon Phase Calculator, Fish Weight Calculator, Arrow Kinetic Energy Calculator, Topographic Maps, Fish ON-Line and so much more. Just use the navbar below to see them!
Only registered members can upload pics to our amazing photo galleries, post questions, contact other members, and so much more. Registration is quick, easy and absolutely free so why don't you join us today! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target bow?

rdneckhillbilly's Avatar New Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by DssBB View Post
    Redneck,
    Most archers refer to the longer ATA 38"+ and sometimes slightly slower bows as targets bows or indoor bows or paper punchers. Most times you are shooting heavy logs and don't really care how fast the arrow gets there. The longer ATA bows tend to offer a lot better or steadier hold on the target then a shorter 32"-35" ATA hunting or 3D bow where you are looking for speed and a shorter bow to maneuver through the bush with. With shooting indoor, field or fita, you are also shooting a lot more arrows in a shorter period of time compared to 3D or hunting and having an easier holding, smoother and easier drawing bow makes a huge difference especially near the end of a round when your getting tired.
    I realize this and was trying to get the OP to give more thought in this area.

Bow String Depot's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    United States
    Real Name
    Hutch
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Well as the OP, I understand all of the dynamics of a Target bow. But I used the term target bow as it is understood. I believe DssBB explained it well. I too would want a longer ata, less pounds etc etc. Yeah I could use my 32 ata bow for 3d. But target to me is punching paper.
    Last edited by Bow String Depot; 01-20-2013 at 03:39 PM.