Welcome To Archer & Angler

Welcome to Archer & Angler. As you can see we have a growing community that shares your passion for the outdoors.
For your convenience Archer & Angler has some great tools for all your outdoor needs; Moon Phase Calculator, Fish Weight Calculator, Arrow Kinetic Energy Calculator, Topographic Maps, Fish ON-Line and so much more. Just use the navbar below to see them!
Only registered members can upload pics to our amazing photo galleries, post questions, contact other members, and so much more. Registration is quick, easy and absolutely free so why don't you join us today! CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    moosemeat's Avatar Elite Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    dont take it personal,just joking around with ya.your doing it right,your interest in all aspects of hunting are very encouraging.always here to help you in anyway and answer any questions you have .i was just trying to answer your questions with a little humor but not directed at you.you wont learn it all in a short time ,you already learn alot,take it in a little at a time and the best way is just being out there.thats were i got my you cant getum from the couch.i didn't learn anything from my dad neither but he gave me the chance.as for taking deer believe me it has to do with a lot of luck and just being out there.the next 3 weeks are the best of all to stick one .watch your scent,play the wind and get out there that is all you need to know the rest will come with time.trust me! i've been chasing whitetails for 38 years and every time i step in the bush i'm learning something new.i will try to hook up with you for a hunt this fall if you are up to it.maybe work something out when i get your nockturnals we can hit my spot there is no gun hunt till december for the controlled hunt. you got my #

Jon629's Avatar Senior Archer & Angler
    Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Whitetail Rut Calculation

Quote Originally Posted by moosemeat View Post
    dont take it personal,just joking around with ya.your doing it right,your interest in all aspects of hunting are very encouraging.always here to help you in anyway and answer any questions you have .i was just trying to answer your questions with a little humor but not directed at you.you wont learn it all in a short time ,you already learn alot,take it in a little at a time and the best way is just being out there.thats were i got my you cant getum from the couch.i didn't learn anything from my dad neither but he gave me the chance.as for taking deer believe me it has to do with a lot of luck and just being out there.the next 3 weeks are the best of all to stick one .watch your scent,play the wind and get out there that is all you need to know the rest will come with time.trust me! i've been chasing whitetails for 38 years and every time i step in the bush i'm learning something new.i will try to hook up with you for a hunt this fall if you are up to it.maybe work something out when i get your nockturnals we can hit my spot there is no gun hunt till december for the controlled hunt. you got my #
    I know you were joking around, I take everything lightly anyways! I'm hardly ever serious. I'd rather have a laugh than get upset. Just the way I am!
    I hope your right about the next 3 weeks!!! I'm itching to get to sticken!
    If your looking for another hunter, I'll make my schedule open! I'd love to get out with you, and with the way I was shooting... You don't have to worry about me shooting anything! Oh and I love draggin deer!

Going to spend every evening in a tree come the 27th as you suggested!!!

And keep letting that 38 years of experience out!!! But in a PM!!! Keep them secrets between us!! Lol

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    no proplem.i have to go up that way on nov 3 for my cousins 70th he owns the property up there.i havnt been near the property since a couple of days turkey hunting with my 6 year old and redneck and his young son.i'm in a little termoil at the moment my real job is close to being finished and i have been looking hard for a new one(need to work and all thats out there is ottawa or bradford both relocate jobs,home on weekends .big interview on wednesday so my hunting time is iffy. and yes get out there i was taking off the next 2 weeks but now i wont be able to.

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)

Relocation can be tough, I've done it 4 times with the military and I'm not half way yet!! Other than job hunting for the wife, the next shitty thing is finding new hunting territory. The adventure of going somewhere new is always fun. But nothing like hunting property you know and studied for years.

Hope all turns out well Doug!!!

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    doug
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)
    i will be able to stay here but it looks like only on weekends unless something else comes up.i go to see them on wednesday and they are going to put a offer on the table.already offered 3 weeks vacation,truck,gas,good benifits, etc which is good for a new job.the job is about 2.5 hrs from here and to much to drive back and forth every day.but got to do what you got to do.the shop is slow over the winter so i should be able to keep my customers happy.the worst part is i would be able to see my little guy as often as i do.

Country
    Canada
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    My Feedback
    ( 0 )
    (0% Positive Feedback)

That's 5 hours of driving an day... That's a lot.

My buddy Jamie in New Brunswick he drives about an hour and 45 min every day from St Johns to Oromocto. He skips work a bit and gets off early enough to make it worth it for him.

Tough call. I guess if your getting gas and a truck... Oh... This is a toughy. Good luck choosing!!!